Articles, polemics, reviews in the sphere of philosophy, scientific in character, written in Polish, English, or German may be submitted via the system wnus.edu.pl, bookmark ‘Zaproponuj artykuł’ [‘Suggest an article’]. First you have to register and then to log.
The size of the article should not exceed 40,000 characters with spaces in Microsoft Word format; and in case of other smaller texts, e.g. reviews, 20,000 characters with spaces.
The text should be accompanied with:
1. summary in English (half a page at most, 100-500 words);
2. keywords in Polish and English (3-8 words);
3. biographical note on the author (about 5 lines) with ORCID;
4. address for correspondence at which messages are to be sent together with affiliation and email;
5. bibliography in APA style (with DOI numbers if possible).
Authors are requested that all the above mentioned elements be in one file together with the text. The file has to be placed in Bookmark ‘Plik artykułu’ [‘Article file’]. Without the elements mentioned the text will not be processed.
In addition, authors are requested to prepare a file for an anonymous review (without the author’s surname, the biographical note or any other elements that may disclose their identity, for example such as references to their articles). The file has to be placed in Section ‘Reviews’, in Bookmark ‘Plik artykułu (Autorzy)’ [‘Article File (Authors)’].
The PDF version should be placed in Section ‘Additional Files’, if the text includes symbols, Greek fonts or other elements that may be deformed in WORD file.
While editing foot/endnotes and bibliography authors should use APA style or recent Chicago Manual Style. We require references in brackets (Doniger, 1999, 65) accompanied with appropriate bibliography: Doniger, W. (1999) Splitting the Difference. Chicago: University of Chicago Press. The texts that have not been edited in that style will not be processed.
Text should be prepared in Microsoft Office Word, according to the following guidelines:
· font: Times New Roman, 12 points
· margins: 2.5 cm (default in Microsoft Office Word)
· do not use upper case letters or small capital letters
· text justified: with the exception of some quotes, titles, headings, elements of tables and computer graphics
· line spacing 1.5 (it also concerns the captions of tables and pictures and foot/endnotes)
· indentation of first lines in paragraphs (default)
· pages numbered
· option to divide words – off
· footnotes inside the text – according to APA (surname, year of publication) (surname, surname, year of publication)
· tables and diagrams (editable) together with the titles in the right place of the text
· (in addition, files – if created in Excel, Statistica, CorelDraw, PowerPoint, and the like – should be prepared so as to be readable in black and white version, Times New Roman, font size 8 or 9 points, width – up to 12.5 cm, height – up to 17 cm)
· graphic elements (e.g. photos, pictures and the like) should be prepared in the best possible way and saved in one of the following formats: *.jpg, *.eps or *.pdf. Photos – 300 dpi, (width – up to 12.5 cm, height – up to 17 cm). Illustrations, diagrams, pictures taken from the internet should not be included
· formulae: main text – 10 points, superscripts/subscripts – 7 points, width – up to 12 cm; formulae and notations – Times New Roman font, 10 points; variables – italics; numbers – normal font; if formulae are written in the program of formulae, they need to be placed inside the text as editable elements (!)
· getting the CONSENT OF THE COPYRIGHT OWNERS and revealing the source(s) of the materials used in the publication lie with the author(s)
Each graphic element should be additionally sent as a separate file.