Rules of reviewing publications in the Journal "Studia Maritima":
1. The articles that have been accepted after the initial assessment are sent to at least two independent reviewers who are affiliatedwith an academic institution that has to be different from the one represented by the author.
2. In case of texts in a foreign language, at least one of the reviewers is affiliated to a foreign institution of the national status other than the author’s.
3. Authors and reviewers do not know each other and are reviewed anonymously (double-blind review process).
4. If the reviewers know the identity of the author whose work they are reviewing, they have to sign a declaration on the absence of conflict of interest, that is to say the absence of any relations between the reviewers and the author, in particular:
a. direct personal relations (kinship up to second degree, marriage, legal relations, conflict);
b. professional subordination;
c. direct academic co-operation for two years before writing the review.
5. Reviews are in written form and they are concluded with an unambiguous verdict whether to accept the article for publication or to reject it.
7. The surnames of the reviewers of a particular article are not revealed. The reviewers’ list is published once a year on the Journal’s website.
8. After the author(s) receive(s) the reviews they are obliged to proofread the text and take the reviewers’ comments – if there are any – into consideration.
Reviewers of Volume 29/2016 and Volume 30/2017
1. Prof. Maria Dragun-Gertner, Uniwersytet Mikołaja Kopernika w Toruniu
2. Prof. Maciej Franz, Uniwersytet im. Adama Mickiewicz w Poznaniu
3. Prof. Andrzej Kamieński, Polska Akademia Nauk, Toruń)
4. Prof. Norbert Kasparek, Uniwersytet Warmińsko-Mazurski w Olsztynie
5. Prof. Krzysztof Lesiakowski, Uniwersytet Łódzki
6. Prof. Andrzej Romanow, Uniwersytet Gdański
7. Prof. Robert Skobelski, Uniwersytet Zielonogórski
8. Prof. Aleksander Smoliński, Uniwersytet Mikołaja Kopernika w Toruniu
9. Prof. Grzegorz Strauchold, Uniwersytet Wrocławski
10. Prof. Zygmunt Szultka, Akademia Pomorska w Słupsku
11. Prof. Ryszard Tomczyk, Uniwersytet Szczeciński
12. Prof. Piotr Urbański, Uniwersytet im. Adama Mickiewicz w Poznaniu
13. Prof. Henryk Walczak, Uniwersytet Szczeciński
14. Prof. Marek Wilczyński, Uniwersytet Pedagogiczny w Krakowie
Reviewers of Volume 31/2018
1. Prof. Dariusz Adamczyk, Deutsches Historisches Institut, Warszawa
2. Prof. Zbigniew Anusik, Uniwersytet Łódzki
3. Prof. Oliver Auge, Christian-Albrechts Universität Kile
4. Prof. Martin Hansson, Lund University
5. Prof. Paweł Jaworski, Uiwersytet Wrocławski
6. Prof. Arnold Kłonczyński, Uniwersytet Gdański
7. Prof. Mathias Niendorf, Universität Greifswald
8. Prof. Leszek Słupecki, Uniwersytet Rzeszowski
9. Prof. Krystyna Szelągowska, Uniwersytet w Białymstoku
10. Prof. Barbara Tornquist-Plewa, Lund University