PRINCIPLES OF REVIEWING PUBLICATIONS SUBMITTED TO „PRZEGLĄD ZACHODNIOPOMORSKI”
1. At least two independent reviewers from outside of the University of Szczecin are appointed to evaluate every publication.
2. In case of texts written in foreign languages at least one of the reviewers is affiliated with a foreign institution of the nationality other than that of the author.
3. A double blind review process is used, i.e. the author (or authors) and reviewers do not know their identities.
4. The reviewer is obliged to sign a declaration stating that no conflict of interests occurs, i.e. that the reviewer and the author:
1. are not in a direct personal relationship (kinship, legal relationship, conflict),
2. are not in a relationship of occupational subordination,
3. haven’t had direct scientific cooperation over the past two years prior to
giving the review.
5. The review has a written form and is concluded with an explicit opinion as to accepting the paper for publication or rejecting it.
6. The principles of accepting or rejecting the papers and possibly the Reviewer’s Form are made publicly known in every issue of the journal.
7. The names of the reviewers of individual publications or issues are not revealed. Once a year an annual list of reviewers is made public on the journal’s website.
8. The time for making a review is not determined and is left to the discretion of the reviewer. The author receives the reviewer’s remarks immediately after the review is ready.