Rules about reviewing publications in «West Pomeranian Review»:
- To each publication there are at least two independent reviewers appointed from outside the Szczecin University.
- In case of texts written in a foreign language at least one of the reviewers will be affiliated to a foreign institution of the national status different from the author’s.
- Authors and reviewers do not know each other (double-blind review process).
- In other cases reviewers have to sign a declaration on the absence of conflict of interest, i.e. between reviewers and authores:
1. there is no direct relation (kinship, legal relations, conflict);
2. there is no professional subordination;
3. there had been no direct academic co-operation for up to two years before writing the review.
- Reviews are in written form and are concluded with an unambiguous verdict, either to accept the article for publication or to reject it.
- The rules of qualifying articles for being accepted or rejected are always made public in each issue of the Journal.
- The surnames of reviewers of particular articles are not revealed. Only once a year the list of all the reviewers is made public on the Journal’s website.