Rules concerning editing texts sent to «West Pomeranian review»
Texts should be sent in the form that is compatible with the requirements – given below – of the Publishing House of the Szczecin University.
The texts placed in Sections ‘Articles’ or ‘Materials’ should contain a summary in polish with the following elements: the title of the article, its theses, keywords and bibliography.
Illustrations should be precisely described: their source, the first and last names of their author or photographer. Illustrations should be sent in separate files in JPG, resolution at least 300 dpi.
Footnotes - the scheme in attached file ("Chicago citation style).
Texts should be sent to the email address of the Editorial Office:
The Editorial Staff of «West Pomeranian Review» do their best to maintain high academic standards. The disclosed cases of academic negligence will be stigmatised.
Articles are published on CC-BY-SA license and journal have not any article processing charges (APCs).
Text should be prepared in Microsoft Office Word, according to the following guidelines:
· font: Times New Roman, 12 points
· margins: 2.5 cm (default in Microsoft Office Word)
· do not use upper case letters or small capital letters
· text justified: with the exception of some quotes, titles, headings, elements of tables and computer graphics
· line spacing 1.5 (it also concerns the captions of tables and pictures and foot/endnotes)
· indentation of first lines in paragraphs (default)
· pages numbered
· option to divide words – off
· footnotes inside the text – according to APA (surname, year of publication) (surname, surname, year of publication)
· tables and diagrams (editable) together with the titles in the right place of the text
· (in addition, files – if created in Excel, Statistica, CorelDraw, PowerPoint, and the like – should be prepared so as to be readable in black and white version, Times New Roman, font size 8 or 9 points, width – up to 12.5 cm, height – up to 17 cm)
· graphic elements (e.g. photos, pictures and the like) should be prepared in the best possible way and saved in one of the following formats: *.jpg, *.eps or *.pdf. Photos – 300 dpi, (width – up to 12.5 cm, height – up to 17 cm). Illustrations, diagrams, pictures taken from the internet should not be included
· formulae: main text – 10 points, superscripts/subscripts – 7 points, width – up to 12 cm; formulae and notations – Times New Roman font, 10 points; variables – italics; numbers – normal font; if formulae are written in the program of formulae, they need to be placed inside the text as editable elements (!)
· getting the CONSENT OF THE COPYRIGHT OWNERS and revealing the source(s) of the materials used in the publication lie with the author(s)
Each graphic element should be additionally sent as a separate file